TURPIN - he was a right bastard

The Dark and Dirty Deeds of Dick

Monday, May 15

Normal Service...

... is now resumed.

It's been a bit of a funny old week, that's seen me to-ing, fro-ing and sometimes jumping up and down on the spot. All of which activity has kept me from the computer. But I'm back now - and it's personal.

One of the events of my week was sorting out a niggling health scare that turned out to be nothing of anything very important. Just a sign of AGE...

But the worry and the subsequent relief did make me sit up and consider mortality face to face as it were, for a time.

I was left with this thought: I'm 34. Dick never made it that far - he was a few months short of his 34th birthday when he was turned off the gallows.

I did never climbe
Parnassus Hill
To tread the Muses' Mazes
And Shooter's Hill was fitter farre for me.

John Clavell, pardonned Highwayman (1601-1643)

R.I.P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home